Tuesday, January 14, 2020

WHAT TO WEAR TO YOUR HUNTSVILLE SOCIAL SECURITY HEARING

Social Security hearings are rather informal.  There is no set dress code.  I tell my clients to be comfortable and respectful to the court.  You shouldn't dress up too much but, at the same time, you shouldn't wear something that might be considered disrespectful. 

Two words I often use are neat and casual.  

I advise my male clients to consider khaki pants and a nice button down shirt, as opposed to a T-shirt.  Women are advised to wear a blouse and skirt or dress style pants.  It's best to avoid blue jeans, and definitely don't come to court wearing shorts or a tank top.

You will see attorneys wearing suits; however, I don't advise clients to dress in suits or ties.  Attorneys are expected to dress more formally.

This is off subject (forgive me), but it's important to arrive early.  If your hearing has been scheduled for 11 o'clock, arrive at 10.  Nothing sets a hearing on its ear worse than arriving at the last minute or, heaven forbid, arriving a few minutes late.

No comments:

Post a Comment